If you’ve been injured you may be entitled to compensation. It’s not a simple process though and you need to be prepared to have to negotiate with hospitals, medical staff and insurance companies. If you’d rather focus on your recovery than worry about medical bills and navigating insurance policies then we can help. Our NY personal injury lawyers are committed to fighting for justice so that you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of cases our New York personal injury lawyers handle
Our NY personal injury lawyers have experience and expertise with the following types of cases:
- Car accidents. Our NY personal injury lawyers have many years of experience resolving car accident cases. We’ll make sure the person responsible is held accountable. We’ll fight for you to be compensated appropriately.
- Truck, motorcycle, bus, train and bicycle accidents. We understand the complexities of different types of accidents and the different state and federal laws that may apply. Our personal injury attorneys will help make sure the evidence is clear and your claim is strong.
- Medical malpractice. If you or a loved one has been hurt as a result of a medical error you may have the basis for a medical malpractice claim. Our personal injury lawyers can help you prove to the Court that substandard medical care resulted in injury.
- Brain injuries. Brain injuries are not always obvious, but can be hugely impacting for the rest of your life. The insurance companies will likely will try to prove that your injury doesn’t exist. If you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury then you need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. We’ll help you make sure you do all the right things to prove your case and get the compensation you need to manage your injury.
- Birth injury. There is little more devastating than knowing that the injury that your child suffered during birth could have been avoided. We can help determine if the injury was the result of a lapse in care and judgement. If it is then we will aggressively seek to bring you justice and the compensation you deserve.
- Slips and falls. Premises liability claims cover accidents that happen because a property or business owner hasn’t kept their property in a safe condition. Our NY personal injury lawyers can establish whether you have a case and then pursue damages if you do.
- Construction accidents. Although construction sites are dangerous places, that doesn’t mean that you aren’t entitled to compensation if you’re injured. The chances are that worker’s comp will be inadequate to cover your needs. The litigation process is complicated so it’s important to have an experienced NY personal injury attorney on the case.
- Dog bites. Every year, the insurance industry pays over $1 billion in dog bite claims. It’s thought that the vast majority of bite victims don’t pursue a claim. If you’ve been bitten, contact one of our New York personal injury lawyers to assess your claim and the best way to proceed.
- Product liability. Have you sustained an injury as a result of a defective product? A product liability case might be based on negligence, strict liability or breach of warranty, and in certain cases a class action lawsuit may be appropriate. It’s important that you get compensation for your injury and hold the manufacturers accountable for the safety of their products. Contact one of our NY personal injury lawyers for a free case assessment.
- Wrongful death. If you’ve lost a loved one unexpectedly, the last thing you need is to be navigating the legal system to get the justice you deserve. Call us so we can help determine who in your family should be filing the claim, and what your family may be entitled to.
What to do after an accident
- Get medical attention.
- Take photos of the scene and close ups of any damage to cars etc.
- Document and keep everything. You will need detailed records of every appointment, treatment, payment and repair bill.
- Contact one of our New York personal injury lawyers before you speak to any insurance companies. Don’t sign any insurance forms or documents until we’ve seen them. It’s in the insurance company’s best interests to have you settle quickly under pressure so let us do the talking to them.
There are time limits on personal injury cases, so don’t delay. We offer free no obligation initial consultations, so give us a call.
Steps in the personal injury lawsuit process
- Our NY personal injury lawyers will discuss the circumstances of the injury with you and determine if you have a case.
- We’ll contact the defendants and any insurance companies to discuss the case.
- Evidence will be collected as part of an investigation of the case. This may include police reports, medical records, surveillance video and witness testimony.
- We’ll put together a claim outlining the facts of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and the costs of damages.
- We’ll negotiate and attempt to settle without going to court.
- If negotiations fail the case will be prepared for trial and will go to court. Once the evidence and both cases have been heard, the judge or jury will hand down a verdict.
Why choose us?
- We offer free, no obligation initial consultations. Our NY personal injury lawyers will discuss the details of your case and advise you on the next steps.
- We only get paid if we win. We operate on contingent fee representation which means our compensation is a percentage of your recovery when we win. There’s no up front costs either.
- Experience. We’ve been helping clients protect their rights against insurance companies for many years. Our experience with these kinds of cases means we can negotiate with the insurance companies being fully aware of what kinds of figures they are settling different cases for, and what to push for in your case.
- We’re fighters and we win. You need someone strong by your side, who knows the battlefield and has proven themselves in the arena. We’re aggressive and hard hitting and we’ve recovered over $M for our clients.
- We’ll come to you. If you’ve been seriously injured, the last thing you need to do is try to make it into our offices. Our NY personal injury lawyers will come and see you at home, in hospital, or wherever convenient to you.
- 24/7 availability.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange your free initial consultation with one of our NY personal injury lawyers.